Green Herb Shrimp Salad with a Lemon Dressing .This green salad recipe is quick, easy and delicious it’s the perfect meal for a lazy weekend afternoon. Its nutrient dense, high in vitamins, phytochemicals, folate plus healthy avocado fats.
- 3 cups of rocket
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 14 tiger prawns
- 1 avocado diced
- ½cup roughly torn parsley
- ½ cup roughly torn mint
- Omega tamari seed mix
- ½ teaspoon of un fragranced coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of chopped corriander
- ½ lime sqeezed
- 1 pinch of Himalayan Pink Sea salt
- 1 pinch of fresh Black pepper
- ½ Lemon squeezed
- ½ lemon zest
- 3 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- ½ tsp of Himalayan pink sea salt
1. In a bowl combine all the marinade paste ingredients together, peel, devein and butterfly the prawns coat in the marinade and pop in the fridge for as long as you can (half an hour being the minimum).
2. Once marinated griddle fry the prawns (no extra oil needed) for a few minutes on each side or until the prawns change to a pink colour
3.Combine all the salad ingredients together in a bowl, slice the spring onions diagonally,roughly tear the herbs, dice the avocado and add in the hot prawns sprinkle on the mixed seeds for an extra boost of Omega goodness and dress with the Lemon marinade – Serves two.
What are your favourite shrimp salad combinations? Share in the comments section below