A Glossy Update – Inside August’s Glossy Box
A little glossy beauty box update, I love these little boxes popping through my letter box every month delightfully wrapped in layers of ribbon tied tissue paper. I am quite openly a fan of them; but had taken a small break while I was trying out a health food box instead (it seems like every one it doing a box lately…) Anyway the healthy treats were not satisfying my beauty fix, so when I received an email from Glossy Box inviting me to re-subscribe for three months with the lure of a bonus box valued at £75! I naturally jumped at the chance. So below is what was Inside my August Box and a sneak peek at what my bonus box contained with rather a funny story attached. (If you have no idea what beauty boxes are click here for my full report)
- Kryolan Full Sized Cream Highlighter – I’m really impressed with this little addition if you’re not familiar with Kyrolan they are a professional brand widely loved with in the make up industry mostly for Film, theatre and special effects and they are seriously top of their game. So I was delighted to see they are branching out into the main stream retail market. Needless to say this highlighter is outstanding.
- Figs & Rouge – This Was a good sized mini, with beautiful packaging from a brand I hadn’t tried before. Although their lip balms are completely natural, and the label on this hand cream states pure and natural (it’s not, it contains a few chemicals the green beauty shopper may choose to avoid). That aside its nicely fragranced and perfect for popping in your handbag.
- Yves Rocher Nail Polish – A cute little mini polish in a dusky pink a shade. I would have never of thought of trying this shade but I’m really glad I have. Its part of the Yves Rocher Nude Palette and it absolutely works as a substitute for a beige nude which can some times make hands look a little washed out. I’m definitely looking forward to trying more colours from this brand.
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – Pre Hair Treatment – I’m really intrigued by this product as I have never tried a pre shampoo hair treatment before. I have heard great reviews of this brand recently, it claims to deliver unrivalled elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine with out weighing down the hair. I’m looking forward to testing it out.
- All That Jazz Cuticle Balm – Another full size product. A cutie little cuticle balm in a solid form so its easy to carry around and apply. Does exactly what its says on the tin keeps cuticles moisturized and smells divine.
- Lalique L’Amour Eau de Parfum – A sample size bottle of Lalique L’Amour Eau de Parfum. Which launched in 2013, the fragrance contains Middle notes of jasmine, tuberose and gardenia and base notes of cedar, sandalwood and musk. If you love light floral fragrance you will love this. The full size RRP of this perfume is £67 for 50ml.
So there you have it, now on to the Bonus Box and the funny story. Upon unwrapping my box Im greeted with a Christmas card wishing me Seasons Greetings plus beauty tips for the festive season….. Well it made me smile, it’s proof that everyone’s human maybe all the boxes still have cards inside or I was just lucky. So Im presuming since we are no where near christmas these are last years, December’s Limited Edition Boxes which have been recycled on. Hey I’m not complaining the box contents were fantastic. Six full sized products worth over £75. Which included some really nice brands such as So Susan a high end brand that focuses on being as near to natural as possible (but remember with Glossy Box if naturals not your thing you can opt out in the questionnaire upon joining). Check out my bonus box below:
Well I hope you enjoyed A Glossy Update – Inside April’s Glossy box If your were previously subscribed to glossy box the offer I took up is still available until the 1st September 2014 by entering the code GLOSSY01 (on three or six month subscriptions) at the check out @Glossy Box Uk “
So What do you think of the Beauty Box trend? Rate it or hate it? Tell us in the comments below”