Recipes: Fool Proof Frittatas. Well its midweek and I just needed something fresh and healthy to wiz up for a special lunch that looked great but with minimal fuss.
After all lunches with friends are all about catching up not spending three hours in the kitchen. So I decided to go back to one of my never goes wrong, favourite recipes courgette frittatas.
This recipe makes about 12 little frittatas so there’s plenty left over to save for tomorrows lunch that’s if they last that long …..
(which they don’t in our house).
5 Spring onions
1 small bunch of mint (aprox 20g)
1 Teaspoon paprika
2 Tablespoons Raw Coconut flour
Himalayan pink salt
freshly ground black pepper
3 Large free range organic eggs
Pinch of Organic chilli flakes (optional)
Flavourless coconut oil or Avocado Oil (for frying)
A fresh lime (zest and juice)
- Coarsely grate the courgettes
- Put the small shards into a sieve and sprinkle with a pinch of Himalayan salt leave for 10 mins.
- Finely chop the spring onions and place inside a large mixing bowl
- Add the zest of half a lime
- Add the finely chopped fresh mint, paprika, chili and season with the salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until frothy then gradually add to the mixture.
- Place the courgettes in a clean dry t towel and squeeze the life out of them try to expel all of the water. If the courgettes remain watery so will the batter. then add to the mix
- Slowly add the coconut flour to the mixture (add a touch more if needed)
- Add the coconut or almond oil to a large heavy based frying pan and drop a heaped dessert spoon of the mix in to the hot oil flatten them down slightly in to little cakes and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Finally leave to cool for just a minute then transfer to a waiting bed of mixed leaves or pea shoots, squeeze over a dash of lime and enjoy.